We think architecture and design and beautiful things are essential. We think that technical acumen is the basis for good work. We work in a thoughtful, collaborative manner. We want our work to speak for itself. Our work is specific to place. Our roots in the west taught us the importance of our surroundings and introduced us to the power of the natural environment.
Our studio is a big, sunlit room full of smart people and way too many books, drawings, models, computers, tools, and building materials. Everyone contributes to the work and the culture of the firm, and each member of our team takes responsibility for whole projects, pieces of projects or aspects of the office’s operation. Our people are from all over the country and the world.
Guerin Glass Architects strives to hire a broad range of people from every part of the world and walk of life. We are a tight knit group of professionals, artists, mechanics and scientists focused on thoughtful problem solving and rich legible design.
Any candidate for employment – at any level – must be a self-starter, have high quality communications and technical skills, be collaborative by nature and able to operate on all aspects of the work. Our benefits and salary packages are highly competitive.
Guerin Glass Architects is currently seeking an Intermediate Architect in our Honolulu office.
Candidates must have a professional degree in Architecture and 5+ years of architectural experience or real-world experience equivalent. They should have comprehensive design and documentation skills and be able to demonstrate experience in a wide range of project types, including hospitality, commercial, and residential design. The successful candidate will have extensive experience communicating and building relationships with clients, contractors and technical consultants.
At the beginning, this position will have a preliminary focus on construction administration. Thus, applicants should be ready to demonstrate both experience and comfort level jumping into a project at this phase. In the long term, however, we anticipate the role developing and expanding to include all of the below.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with and assisting senior staff throughout all phases of the project lifecycle, from schematic design through construction administration. This will include:
- Field observation and surveying
- Design and planning
- Coordination of team members and delegation of responsibilities
- Client and Consultant Interface
- Document Coordination
- Construction Detailing
- Quality Control (including review of all engineering and shop drawings to ensure compliance)
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, BluBeam Revu, and Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience in Rhino, V Ray, and/or Sketchup would be a plus
- Relationship management skills
- Strong communication, writing, and graphic design skills
- Proactive and collaborative
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient
- Capable of working in a rapid paced workflow
- Architectural registration and LEED certification are a plus
Guerin Glass Architects strives to provide excellent opportunities for individuals to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment where personal growth is encouraged.
This position is for full-time, in-house employment ONLY. Please send cover letter, resume, and examples of your work. References will need to be provided upon request. Guerin Glass Architects offers competitive salaries and benefit programs.