We think architecture and design and beautiful things are essential. We think that technical acumen is the basis for good work. We work in a thoughtful, collaborative manner. We want our work to speak for itself. Our work is specific to place. Our roots in the west taught us the importance of our surroundings and introduced us to the power of the natural environment.
Our studio is a big, sunlit room full of smart people and way too many books, drawings, models, computers, tools, and building materials. Everyone contributes to the work and the culture of the firm, and each member of our team takes responsibility for whole projects, pieces of projects or aspects of the office’s operation. Our people are from all over the country and the world.
Guerin Glass Architects strives to hire a broad range of people from every part of the world and walk of life. We are a tight knit group of professionals, artists, mechanics and scientists focused on thoughtful problem solving and rich legible design.
Any candidate for employment – at any level – must be a self-starter, have high quality communications and technical skills, be collaborative by nature and able to operate on all aspects of the work. Our benefits and salary packages are highly competitive.
Guerin Glass Architects is currently seeking a Junior Architect in our Brooklyn office.
Candidates must have a professional degree in Architecture and a minimum of 2 years of office experience. They should have comprehensive design and documentation skills and be able to demonstrate a background in a range of project types.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. Guerin Glass Architects strives to provide excellent opportunities for individuals to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment where personal growth is encouraged.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting throughout the project lifecycle by:
- Researching for design concept and precedent
- Assembling presentation documentation for project and client meetings
- Including physical models and 3D renderings as needed
- Researching building materials, construction techniques, and building codes
- Assisting with design development and production of construction documents
- Coordinating with outside consultants
- Including review of shop drawings to ensure quality control and compliance with design intent
- Facilitating overall team communication by maintaining office standards
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, BluBeam Revu, and Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience in Rhino, V Ray, and/or Sketchup are a plus
- Time management skills
- Strong communication, writing, and graphic design skills
- Proactive and collaborative
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient
- Capable of working in a rapid paced workflow
This position is for full-time, in-house employment ONLY. Please send cover letter, resume, and examples of your work. References will need to be provided upon request. Guerin Glass Architects offers competitive salaries and benefit programs.